The Urban Economic Development Association of Wisconsin, Inc. (UEDA) is a nonprofit membership association dedicated to facilitating effective, cross-sector collaboration, meaningful connections, and strengthening individual and organizational capacity in Wisconsin’s community and economic development sector.
Our vision is that the members and communities we serve are inspired and thriving, with equitable access to investment and opportunity.
In 2017, UEDA led initiatives that engaged over 900 professionals in areas such as:
- Promoting sustainable homeownership and foreclosure mitigation (Take Root Milwaukee)
- Connecting individuals/families to financial literacy and asset-building resources (Financial Equity Group, Money Smart Week Milwaukee, WI Coalition to Address Student Loan Debt)
- Supporting emerging food-business entrepreneurs (Food Enterprise Development Network)
- Strengthening Milwaukee’s small business and entrepreneurship resources sector (Small Business Affinity Group)
- Advocating for regional transportation options for our workforce
Our success is directly connected to the support of our members, sponsors, donors and partners who remain engaged through various programs, initiatives, events and celebrations. Learn more about becoming a UEDA Member here.