The Urban Economic Development Association of Wisconsin, Inc. (UEDA) is a nonprofit membership association dedicated to facilitating effective, cross-sector collaboration, meaningful connections, and strengthening individual and organizational capacity in Wisconsin’s community and economic development sector.
Our vision is that the members and communities we serve are inspired and thriving, with equitable access to investment and opportunity.
In 2021, UEDA led initiatives that engaged over 1,800 professionals in areas such as:
- Promoting sustainable homeownership and foreclosure mitigation (Take Root Milwaukee)
- Connecting individuals/families to safe, affordable bank products, services, and financial education resources (Bank On Greater Milwaukee)
- Helping launch the Milwaukee Rental Housing Resource Center website and location, which immediately began connecting renters and property owners with assistance.
- Hosting our Emerging Topics in Economic Development Series, featuring issues such as historic preservation & redevelopment, City of Milwaukee HUD Consolidated Plan Navigator tools, and Milwaukee’s Collective Affordable Housing Plan.
- Partnering with other intermediaries to host Nonprofit Listening sessions to help identify ways we can support their capacity and then helped develop a nonprofit resource website and consultant directory (launching in 2022).
- Strengthening Milwaukee’s small business and entrepreneurship resources sector (Small Business Affinity Group)
- Advocating for regional transportation options for our workforce
Our success is directly connected to the support of our members, sponsors, donors and partners who remain engaged through various programs, initiatives, events and celebrations. Learn more about becoming a UEDA Member here.